The curriculum at Boughton is the entirety of the children's learning experiences and opportunities; with the children, we have defined it as everything they learn at school.
Our curriculum is designed to:
- Recognise children's prior learning;
- Help children make progress in line with their starting points;
- Provide first-hand learning experiences;
- Allow children to develop their character strengths;
- Ready all children for their next stage of education.
From this page you can view the curriculum that your child is following every year in their class, along with the Primary National Curriculum. We hope this will help you support your child, at home, with their learning.
Each term (six times each year), class teachers send home a Curriculum Information Newsletter, which outlines the areas of study for the term, plus any activities, websites or other ideas to support the children's learning at home.
From Years 1 to 6, children take home a Homework Book, which contains activities linked to the curriculum for the term and tailored to children's individual needs. Class teachers are happy to talk through any element of the children's learning; parents can contact them directly via Tapestry (Reception and Key Stage One) or gmail (all teachers).